Projects Committee Meeting
October 7, 2016
1. Report of the Projects Committeee Chair -- John Shurley
2. Report of the HLC Chair -- Len Norman
3. Report of the Consulting Director -- Dan Morrill
4. Update on the Walters Barbershop. 112-114 South Main Street, Huntersville, N.C. The prospective buyer has is continuing due deligence.
6. Update on General Motors New Look Bus.
Staff has submitted the draft of an agreement to CATS for storage and routine maintenance of the bus.
7. Consideration Of Marketing Strategies For The Delburg Mill House. 303 Delburg St., Davidson, N.C. Staff has asked realtor Eric Gamble to submit recommendations for making the Delburg Mill House marketable.
Click here for recommendations.
8. Update of the Phillips House and Morris Barn. 131 W. Charles St., Matthews, N.C. Brian Jenest will be working with the Commission to plan a community meeting to seek input regarding future development options for the property. Workshops have been scheduled for October 20th and November 17th.
Click Here For A Video Of The Phillips House And Morris Barn
10. Consideration Of An Offer To Purchase The Torrence Lytle School. 302 Holbrooks Road, Huntersville, N.C. The Commission has received an offer to purchase the Torrence Lytle School. It has also received bids for the environmental cleanup of the buildings.
Click Here For Letter Of Intent
13. Old Business
14. New Business
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission ADA Statement
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission will comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission will make reasonable accommodations in all programs to enable participation by an individual with a disability who meets essential eligibility requirements. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission programs will be available in the most integrated setting for each individual. If any accommodations are necessary for participation in any program, meeting, or service, participants are encouraged to notify us at (704) 376-9115 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 2100 Randolph Rd, Charlotte, NC 28207 at least one week prior to commencement.